PG comes to Boston in November. I broke down and bought tickets. Why not? I did that ten years ago for his last tour. The man is 52 years old. Wow. I was looking over his albums. From the second one (release in 1978) to UP (this year), it’s disorienting to watch the man age “so quickly.” PG has a sort of faery-like, timeless quality for me. When I listen to Melt, it’s always 1981. Good times, good times.
This is a blog by Joe Johnston.
Mr. Johnston has been developing web applications since 1997 using Open Source Software like Linux, Apache, MySQL, and Perl. As a technical writer, he co-authored O'Reilly's Programming Web Applications with XML-RPC and contributed to UNIX Power Tools, 3rd. ed..
Hobbies include board game design, publishing RPG supplements, composing music, and running a SETI@Home cluster of Raspberry PIs.
Mr. Johnston was born and has resided most of his life in Massachusetts, for reason too obvious to mention.
- A Public Kaizen on Blogging
- On Single-play games
- plerd-cli - an interactive tool for Plerd
- Picture, if you will
- Configuring emacs25 with perltidy, an epic adventure
- A New Hope
- Testing network speed with raspberry pi
- A systemd service file for plerdwatcher and more
- Taskboy Blogging again for the first time
- Tags are working