Dr. Ed “Johnny H-bomb” Teller has died at age 95. I’ve seen a number of interviews with Teller where he justifies not only the original research to build nuclear weapons (“we were in a race with the Nazis”), but also continuing research to create the even more devistating hydrogen bomb (as a deterent to a first strike and for the pure research value). In later years, he supported Reagan’s SDI “star wars” plan to militarize space. Dr. Strangelove was remarkably similar to Teller. For better and for worse, Teller’s influence on history is pronounced.
This is a blog by Joe Johnston.
Mr. Johnston has been developing web applications since 1997 using Open Source Software like Linux, Apache, MySQL, and Perl. As a technical writer, he co-authored O'Reilly's Programming Web Applications with XML-RPC and contributed to UNIX Power Tools, 3rd. ed..
Hobbies include board game design, publishing RPG supplements, composing music, and running a SETI@Home cluster of Raspberry PIs.
Mr. Johnston was born and has resided most of his life in Massachusetts, for reason too obvious to mention.
- Installing Plerd from head with no root access
- A Public Kaizen on Blogging
- On Single-play games
- plerd-cli - an interactive tool for Plerd
- Picture, if you will
- Configuring emacs25 with perltidy, an epic adventure
- A New Hope
- Testing network speed with raspberry pi
- A systemd service file for plerdwatcher and more
- Taskboy Blogging again for the first time